[Answer ID: 14234]
Trouble connecting to internet with WHR-G54S router
Created 06/04/2012 15:41 | Updated 06/13/2012 13:14
Try changing method of obtaining IP address for this issue. Steps are below.
- Unplug the cable modem from power for at least 5 minutes.
- While unplugged, log into the router ( http://192.168.11.1 for a default setting ) and navigate to [Advanced] > [WAN Settings] > [WAN Port].
- Set the "Method of Obtaining IP Address" to "Automatic via DHCP" and apply the setting.
- After the setting is applied and the router finishes rebooting, unplug it from power.
- Plug in the cable modem to power and wait for it to fully boot up.
- Plug the WAN port of the router into the cable modem and then plug it into power.
- Once it finishes booting, check for an internet connection.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.