[Answer ID: 12048]
How can I replace a built-in hard drive in the RAID0 / normal mode (TS-XL/R5)?
- Update the firmware.
Click hereto see how to update it.
- Click [System] - [Storage] on the Web Admin screen of TeraStation.
Select the hard disk on which the status LED is flashing in red (or amber). Click [Remove Disk]
- Open the front cover with the key included in the product package.
- Push the cartridge tab of the failure hard disk (detonated by the status LED lighting in red) to the left, and pull it out toward the front of the unit.
Hard disks with the status LEDs not lighting are still active. Do not unplug or remove them.
- Pull out the hard disk together with the cartridge, and remove it from the TeraStation.
- Insert the replaced hard disk (sold separately) into the slot which became empty after Step 4.
Insert it while the tab is still open.
- Push the disk into the TeraStation, and push the tab towards the back of the TeraStation until you hear a clicking sound.
- For RAID0
When the new hard disk is recognized, the LED will flash in red, and the LCD on the front of the TeraStation will display the message, “Press FuncSW I31 New disk (some number from 1 to 4) ready.” Delete the RAID array and re-configure RAID.
a. Select [System] - [Storage] - [RAID Array] on the Web Admin screen of the TeraStation, and click [Delete RAID Array].
b. Select the new hard disk by navigating to [System] - [Storage] - [Disks], and click [Format Disk] to format the new disk.
c. Configure RAID by selecting [System]-[Storage]-[RAID Array] after formatting the hard disk.
If a hard disk malfunctions in RAID0, all data on the RAID array will be lost.
For Normal Mode
When the new hard disk is recognized, the status LED will flash in red, and the LCD on the front of the TeraStation will display the message, “Set From Web I32 New disk (some number from 1 to 4) ready." Press and hold the FUNCTION button on the front of the TeraStation for 3 seconds (until it beeps).The hard disk will be formatted automatically, and the disk will be ready to use as a normal disk.
|All data on the newly installed internal hard disk will be erased during this process.|